Herbsgreen Premium Grade Dried Shiitake Mushrooms Extra Thick (1 LB.)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Premium Grade Dried Shiitake Mushrooms Extra Thick
- Shiitake Whole Mushrooms 1Lb.
- Rehydrates Quickly
- Great for BBQ and Cooking
ABOUT DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- Shiitake mushrooms are known for their strong earthy flavor and rich texture.
- They're packed with umami thanks to the amino acid glutamate.
- When cooked, shiitake caps have a velvety, and meaty texture.
- How to store: To store dried shiitakes for a short time (a month or less), seal the mushrooms in an airtight container or ziptop bag, and store in a cool, dark place. For long-term storage, seal the dried mushrooms in heavy-duty zip-top freezer bags and put them in the freezer where they’ll keep indefinitely.
HOW TO PREPARE DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
Dried Shiitake Mushroom
Soak For Minimum 2 Hours
Rehydrated Shiitake Mushroom
STEPS TO REHYDRATE DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- Wash & soak dried shiitake mushrooms in cold water cover for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight until soften.
- When the mushrooms have softened, strain the mushroom fluid.
- Slice the shiitake mushrooms or cook the mushrooms as a whole.
- The shiitake mushrooms can be used as dishes such as stir-fried vegetables, fried rice, soup, spaghetti, BBQ or stew.
THE SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS CAN BE USED IN DIFFERENT DISHES!
Spaghetti or Stew
*Please note: these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This product cannot replace your doctor's prescription medicine.
California Customers Only: Proposition 65 Information
Proposition 65 is a California law that requires businesses to include a warning to California customers regarding any products that contain measurable amounts of any one of over 1000 chemicals, many of which are naturally occurring.
Some dried seafood and herbs may contain low levels of lead which are often naturally occurring in the earth, in the ocean and in groundwater. These levels are well below FDA's current tolerable intake levels (and much less than the amount shown to cause harm in adults).
Why do I see a Proposition 65 warning on my order?
Because of the unique nature of this state-specific law, we must display a Proposition 65 warning on specific products that are shipped to California. This warning is the same one that is found posted on hotels, stores, gas stations, airports, golf courses, public parks, and other public buildings found throughout the state.
It would be virtually impossible to test every herb and every product we have for all 1000+ substances on the California Proposition 65 list. For this reason, out of an abundance of caution, we have opted to place the Proposition 65 warning for the impacted products we ship to California.
What is California Proposition 65?
Proposition 65 was passed in 1986 with the intention of increasing accountability and preventing people and companies from dumping toxic material in California waters. It is known as "The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986," and it enforces the idea that people have the right to know about the presence of dangerous chemicals in their food and water.
Chemicals recognized by the State of California to contain carcinogens or cause reproductive harm are subject to the requirements of Proposition 65. One of the most cited chemicals is lead, which naturally occurs in soil, water, and the ocean. According to Proposition 65, the content of lead has particularly stringent regulations, requiring a warning if its presence exceeds 0.5 micrograms in any given product per day. This is nearly 1,000 times lower than the amount known to cause reproductive harm according to the federal government.
For more information on Proposition 65, please visit the following link:
Nice texture and seems to be high quality.
You're asking too soon
We like these alot.
Like your products, thank you very much.
Very good quality. Nice thick and tasty. A little too pricy though.