What is American Ginseng?
American Ginseng has a rich herbal tradition for over 200 years. The word ginseng refers to eleven different varieties of a short, slow-growing plant with fleshy roots. Ginseng is believed to restore and enhance human health. It is one of the most popular nutrition supplements and herbal remedies.
Restore Energy: Ginseng may help stimulate physical and mental activity in people who feel weak and tired.*
- Anti-inflammatory Effects: Ginsenosides(major active pharmacological components of ginseng) may have anti-inflammatory effects, according to experimental results in the Journal of Translational Medicine. Ginseng is often used to reduce inflammation. The researchers suggest that ginsenosides may be responsible for targeting pathways in the immune system that could reduce inflammation.*
- Boost Immune System: Helps to prevent flu & cold and may help with the treatment of other conditions.*
American Ginseng Growing Process
Ginseng production is long and tedious work. The time it takes to grow ginseng is usually between 3-5 years, some take even longer. The soil and weather play an important role in root potency and growth before harvest. Let's take a look at some of the processes involve in growing ginseng.
- Planting Ginseng Seeds - American ginseng seeds planted in soil that are free of rocks and weeds. Once the seeds are planted, they need to be protected from sunlight exposure and various weather extremes.
- Ginseng Cultivation - Ginseng farmers have to be knowledgeable about how to deal with different climate change. Ginseng can only grow properly in cold weather with minimal exposure to sunlight. During the summer months, various techniques are developed to provide shade. It takes a lot of time, care, planning and sometimes frankly luck. Once the ginseng is harvested, the raw roots are placed in a refrigerated storage area for 2-3 weeks. This allows some moisture in the root to evaporate and for the root to dry up into golden color.
- Cooling and Drying - After the cooling period, the ginseng roots are placed into a special process to wash and dry. The drying process will remove all the residue moisture and hardens the ginseng. The unsorted ginseng then passes through an assembly line of experts for properly examine and grade. The ginseng is then placed into a barrel for storage and shipment.
Our Ginseng Expertise - Our family has over 50 plus years of experience in the ginseng business selling around the world. We have expert buyers able to purchase high volume high-quality ginseng at the lowest cost possible. We also have in-house trained ginseng experts, many who have 20+ years of experience in sorting, cutting and packaging ginseng. We pass all the savings and reduced costs to our customers.
How To Use American Ginseng
Ginseng Tea Instruction: Add about 8-12 slices of ginseng root and any other ingredients to a cup. Pour hot water over the ginseng and steep for 8-10 minutes. You may allow the ginseng slice to steep for longer if you want a bolder flavor. Add additional hot water. You can make a total of two to three cups of ginseng tea. The ginseng root will get soft and may be eaten if desired.
Ginseng Soup Instruction: Add ginseng with other herbal ingredients and meat such as chicken or pork. Boil then simmer for 3 hours.*
Made In U.S.A
*Please note: these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This product cannot replace your doctor’s prescription medicine.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I bought two boxes to try. Delivery within two weeks and it is not too bad. It is good taste and I will buy next time.
I ordered 1 box to try and is quiet happy with the quality I received. The delivery is next day which was quiet a surprise as well.
very high quality and quick shipment. the size of the ginseng are mostly around the same size, I can tell it must been hand-picked. Im very happy for the store to be this careful with the product and keep to the promise to deliver the product shown in the pictures.