We love steamed egg with dried scallops because it's easy to make, taste great (children's favorite) and you can simultaneously prepare other dishes. We prefer to steam the egg without adding any other condiments and add additional flavor after the steamed egg is finish.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Cooking Time: 15 minutes. Dried scallops need to be soaked a few hours ahead.
Main Ingredients: 3 large eggs, 4 pieces of dried scallops.
1. Soak dried scallops in water until softened. For convenience, we recommend just soak the scallops in a bowl at night time and leave it in refrigerate for cooking the next day.
2. Crack 3 large eggs into a bowl and whisk the egg until they turn into yellow color. Add water into the whisked egg. The amount of water should equal to the amount of whisked egg. So that's 50% water, 50% whisked egg. (Cooking Tips: you can reuse the same water for soaking the scallop for even a better taste)
3. Break the scallop into pieces then pour the egg through a filter into the bowl. The filter is needed to filter out any sticky yolk.
4. Use a wok or steamer, after the water is boiled, put the egg mixture in and steam for 7 to 10 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the steamed egg. Now you have a choice on how to add additional flavor. You can sprinkle sesame oil, soy sauce, scallion or other ingredients on top. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!